EUR 12.95
Proto Part 2
by Ferres

Comic (46 pages)
EUR 19.99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:11 am 
Newcomer

Fave character: Sherry
Just a legal issue... Maybe this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find anything specific...

If a Free woman marries a guy, does her children become the legal property of the husband (let's say no one has the claim to fatherhood before that)? And can a couple divorce? Who has the legal right to instigate a divorce? Both, or just the husband?

And if the couple then later divorce, does the children stay the legal property of the husband by default? Or could there be a case of "shared parenting" because of the mother being free? Or would she keep the parental guardianship? And might the age of the children influence this (let's say depending on if the children are under or over 18 years when they divorce)?

The specific scenario I'm wondering about is what happends to a stepdaughter, if there are several possibilities or just the one where the stepfather get's ownership by default.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:56 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry, Melanie
Fave comic: BG8, BG11, Repurposed,Karma
Ultimately E has all the answers but I can make a few guesses from what we've seen in the comics.

If a Free woman marries a guy, does her children become the legal property of the husband (let's say no one has the claim to fatherhood before that)?
I think the answer to is clearly "yes". At the end of the office it was clear that Paul now owns his wife's sister and mother. So it is works for all female relatives, not only daughters

And can a couple divorce?
In repurposed Heather's father says he divorced his first 3-4 wives.

Who has the legal right to instigate a divorce? Both, or just the husband?
A man has the right to enslave his wife, so it must be impossible for a wife to divorce a man without his consent.

And if the couple then later divorce, does the children stay the legal property of the husband by default?
Or could there be a case of "shared parenting" because of the mother being free? Or would she keep the parental guardianship? And might the age of the children influence this (let's say depending on if the children are under or over 18 years when they divorce)?
I think if a woman marries a man, everything she owns including the children becomes the husband's property. Of course if the kids have their real father alive, he would be the CMR.

The specific scenario I'm wondering about is what happends to a stepdaughter, if there are several possibilities or just the one where the stepfather get's ownership by default.[/quote]
If the stepdaughter has no male relatives, her CMR becomes the new husband.

I'm sure there would be guys who marry single mothers just to get the daughter. Marry a mom, then divorce her and enslave the daughter. Free slave!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:19 am 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Cumbunny
Fave comic: Bottom
Bangerman wrote:
I'm sure there would be guys who marry single mothers just to get the daughter. Marry a mom, then divorce her and enslave the daughter. Free slave![/color]

So wrong, so hot.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:00 am 
Newcomer

Fave character: Sherry
Bangerman wrote:
And can a couple divorce?
In repurposed Heather's father says he divorced his first 3-4 wives.

Who has the legal right to instigate a divorce? Both, or just the husband?
A man has the right to enslave his wife, so it must be impossible for a wife to divorce a man without his consent.
But what about women like Maria Difotze? She seems to have bought her self much more room for self-determination, with the "forever free" tattoo and such. Will she have special rights because of that, do they end when she finally gets married, or is it a question of some sort of prenuptial agreement?

And is this a possibility that any Free woman have, or is it just those that are exceptionally rich and stand above the laws?