The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.

Post subject: Re: Fist and Arrow
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:20 pm 
BFA Director

Fave character: Kimberley
Fave comic: Sluts in Training
A political organisation, or just a support group for those who can't afford a slave? :p

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:24 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
Where do we sign up?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:00 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
To paraphrase the old Christopher Lee Fu Manchu movies;

"The World shall hear from Fire and Arrow again!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 pm 
The Artist

SlaveLover wrote:
A political organisation, or just a support group for those who can't afford a slave? :p

:lol: It DOES look like a poster for the wankers' club, right?

(Most political organizations are, imho)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Heather
Fave comic: Fam Slave Set & The Bottom
Erenisch wrote:
SlaveLover wrote:

:lol: It DOES look like a poster for the wankers' club, right?

That's what I was thinking.

Maybe I'm just being thick here but what does the organization actually stand for? I didn't get any sense from the story...

(should I just read it again? (like I really need an excuse for that))

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:07 am 
Transcended

Dr. White wrote:
what does the organization actually stand for? I didn't get any sense from the story...

(should I just read it again? (like I really need an excuse for that))

A re -read is always an excellent idea.

In the absence of serious information I recommend we fall back on wild speculation (it is my default setting)

1) Given the fact that it is only seen on a "wretched hive of scum and villainy" it may well be an illegal group who believe that that gender inequality has not gone far enough. This would be in line with the developing Next Gen storyline.

2) They are a male version of the FLF a bunch of the radical abolitionists Legs refers to (both posters had been destroyed/ vandalised - I told you this speculation would be wild)

3) They are a sexual version of a 19th Century Temperance society encouraging men NOT to fuck anything in a skirt/dress/collar

4) They are a rock band with a great icon and delusions of grandeur as to the social effect they can have.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 am 
Transcended

No no no no no noooo! You are all wrong. :shock:

If you read the torn poster next to this one (page 18) it says:

Vote for FNA 2021
Democracy is corrupt. Equality is a lie (?). FNA is salvation (?)

get it? it is a pre revolutionary poster from 2021. when it was a democracy. These guys are the ones who won the elction and brought the CFSL! :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Melanie Compter
Fave comic: The Bottom
MrGoodPecker wrote:
No no no no no noooo! You are all wrong. :shock:

If you read the torn poster next to this one (page 18) it says:

Vote for FNA 2021
Democracy is corrupt. Equality is a lie (?). FNA is salvation (?)

get it? it is a pre revolutionary poster from 2021. when it was a democracy. These guys are the ones who won the elction and brought the CFSL! :shock: :shock:

That was my take on it too..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:49 pm 
Transcended

MrGoodPecker wrote:
These guys are the ones who won the election and brought the CFSL! :shock: :shock:

Oh, yeah. A reread was apparently a good idea. :roll:

I wonder when we'll see the events surrounding that election. Witnessing the first legal rapes, and maybe the last illegal ones? Then we can meet the first girl forced to wear the prototype of today's modern slave collar, that would be kind of neat! 8-)

(how old would she be now?)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm 
BFA Director

Quote:
(how old would she be now?)

i'm assuming late 50's in age at the most

i believe Molly, Carol, Regina, etc... grew up in the transitional period from the modern era to the CFSL enactments

and i think Molly, Carol, Regina are all in the 38-42 age range

whereas Maggie, Sherry, Tawnie, etc... grew up with the CFSL already installed for 20+ years

with Maggie, Sherry, Tawnie being 18 or 19 years of age

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:57 pm 
Transcended

I think it is 2038 now so 16 years after the law. If a girl was 18 in 2022, she'd be 34-35.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 am 
Transcended

MrGoodPecker wrote:
I think it is 2038 now so 16 years after the law. If a girl was 18 in 2022, she'd be 34-35.

Not necessarily. While the comics do follow in chronlological order there is a three year jump in this story. Assuming Operation Sea Breeze and (three months later) SC 1 were set in 2037 (would be contemporary with the BG timeline when released) then the farm case must be 2040. The rest of the storyline is around 2038 though you are correct.

MrGoodPecker wrote:
Vote for FNA 2021
Democracy is corrupt. Equality is a lie (?). F.N.A is salvation (?)

get it? it is a pre revolutionary poster from 2021. when it was a democracy. These guys are the ones who won the election and brought the CFSL! :shock: :shock:

Since I am clearly in an argumentative mood today can I point out that those posters are in amazing condition for pieces of paper that have been pasted to wall for the best part of 20 years - no fading and a very regular tear. I think this is a tribute to a classic poster.

They may well refer to pre-revolution agitation but I have to wonder how successful any group would be that stood in democratic elections on a policy of democracy has failed Vote for us and we will make sure you never get to vote again. They tend to play that bit down ( even the Nazis kept that quiet) I think this group did not stand in the elections because, as they proclaim democracy has failed, these people would prefer other ways of deciding matters. I can well believe though that they were pne of teh "special interest" groups who guided the victorious politicians towards the will of the people- well half of them anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:22 pm 
Transcended

The way I see it this free trade zone is a product of the revolution. It is probably torn from the mainland Pussiana politically and economicly so their clocks and calendars stopped at 2022. The comic says that these brothel buildings are abandoned so I assume it was abandoned since 2022. Probably most of the people lived there moved to the mainland leaving the place to the gangs and mafia.

Here is my imagination going wild:

Economic crisis, or any other huge crisis that ruins the government and society.
2021 elections, people have no trust in politicians
Some radical groups appear (you make the nazi comparison. it works for this situation). They think democracy failed, but they still try to use it to get to power.
The Fist and Arrow party (looks fascistic to me just because of the poster and the emblem) either gets a surprise victory, or they lose but their street gang start riots that turn into a revolution.
within a year the FNA takes over, ban elections, use women as scapegoats for economic and social problems and bring the CFSL.

Probably other cuntries also have similar parties who topple their own governments. They sign a treaty on free female trade.
The island becomes an international zone. People leave to mainland, buildings fall to ruin.
Revolutionary posters rot and tear :)

How is that?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Frankie
Fave comic: The Office
Rufus wrote:
MrGoodPecker wrote:

Not necessarily. While the comics do follow in chronlological order there is a three year jump in this story. Assuming Operation Sea Breeze and (three months later) SC 1 were set in 2037 (would be contemporary with the BG timeline when released) then the farm case must be 2040. The rest of the storyline is around 2038 though you are correct.

I agree with Rufus. On page 34, where they see the hologram of the new breed of girls, the boss calls her Neogyn 2059. I assume 2059is the year they will be marketing the girl, which is when she is 18 years old. So 2059 minus 18 years minus 9 months makes 2040.

yes, I can add and subtract. :D

And I also like the revolution story Mr Goodpecker creates. It makes perfect sense and very similar to the development of many other fascist regimes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:35 am 
Transcended

MrGoodPecker wrote:
Here is my imagination going wild:

Economic crisis, or any other huge crisis that ruins the government and society.
2021 elections, people have no trust in politicians
Some radical groups appear (you make the nazi comparison. it works for this situation). They think democracy failed, but they still try to use it to get to power.
The Fist and Arrow party (looks fascistic to me just because of the poster and the emblem) either gets a surprise victory, or they lose but their street gang start riots that turn into a revolution.
within a year the FNA takes over, ban elections, use women as scapegoats for economic and social problems and bring the CFSL.

Probably other cuntries also have similar parties who topple their own governments. They sign a treaty on free female trade.
The island becomes an international zone. People leave to mainland, buildings fall to ruin.
Revolutionary posters rot and tear :)

How is that?

I like most of it (in a less argumentative mood today!) Not totally sure how fascistic this is. It does have strong totalitarien overtones the B.F.A is pretty much a secret Police with powers to do what it wants wherever it sees fit.

My only concern is in B.G. 7 where Jeff and the late but, not greatly missed, Steve toast the "thieving, old. fat politicians" and the "Incompetent" politicians" who brought about the law and are responsible for the ongoing economic problems that mean people still have to sell their daughters into slavery twenty years later. Jeff implies the problem with useless politicians is ongoing so there is still politics being played out.

Could it not be argued that in a totalitarian state you would not have politicians but "Citizens" or "Comrades" or some such designation? I would not rule out the possibility that there remains a vestigial sense of male suffrage though what difference there is in policy may be microscopic - Continued female slavery is a damn good thing and it gets me votes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 am 
Transcended

I think the society is only totalitarian in it's treatment of women. It seems to me the men live in a fair approximation of the lifestyle of Western Europe/ North America. Certainly capitalism is alive and well, no nationalizing of businesses.

It seems likely to me that the major problem with the pre-CFSL economy was one of stagnation, and the wildly popular new product (women) was enough to kick-start it back into shape and even sustain it. Certainly nearly every aspect of society and economy we've seen so far has a major slavery component. Education, Law Enforcement, Television, Night Life, Food Services, even automobiles have accessories geared toward slave activities (ie Sherry the hood ornament and trunk space rated by slave capacity).

(just sayin') :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm 
Newcomer

Fave character: cumbunny
I was somewhat confused in the continuity since this was before Cumgulper took down the cult (since the collector was out testing and collecting) but Moistybelle, still stitched up, was also on offer 3 years in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:20 pm 
The Artist

enve wrote:
I was somewhat confused in the continuity since this was before Cumgulper took down the cult (since the collector was out testing and collecting) but Moistybelle, still stitched up, was also on offer 3 years in the past.

Yes that would be a continuity issue - if I had named her in the comic.. When I first drew those pages, the story was not going few years back. Then I changed the timeline, but I didn't want to remove her... I just removed the name so there would be some ambiguity about her identity. You see, even though I initially intended to draw Mandy there, she is not "officially" Mandy. :D

(This post actually better fits "Rufus' hall of errors")

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 pm 
Newcomer

Fave character: cumbunny
Ahh gotcha. Thanks! I do very much enjoy your work, good sir. I lust for mooore~