The Hidden
by Slasher

Comic (25 pages)
EUR 12.95

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:23 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry, Melanie
Fave comic: BG8, BG11, Repurposed,Karma
I was reading Triona's new story Labyrinth and noticed that she used the word Pussian for the nation of Pussiana. I wonder if that is the official name. (I looked around the forum but could not find an instance E uses the word.

The word Pussiana sounds like Louisiana. And the name for the people of Louisiana is Louisianan or Louisianais.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana).

If Pussiana is anything like that, the people should be called Pussianan (or Pussianais if they are historically French?).

That last bit makes me wonder if Pussiana was a former francophone (or its erenischean counterpart) place turned anglophone in later stages. Maybe it was "L'etat de Pussiane" once :D

(if I go further with my wikipedia-based info, the creole word would be Pwizyané)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:29 pm 
Lawmaker

Fave character: sherry
Fave comic: all bg
Bangerman wrote:
I was reading Triona's new story Labyrinth and noticed that she used the word Pussian for the nation of Pussiana. I wonder if that is the official name. (I looked around the forum but could not find an instance E uses the word.

The word Pussiana sounds like Louisiana. And the name for the people of Louisiana is Louisianan or Louisianais.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana).

If Pussiana is anything like that, the people should be called Pussianan (or Pussianais if they are historically French?).

That last bit makes me wonder if Pussiana was a former francophone (or its erenischean counterpart) place turned anglophone in later stages. Maybe it was "L'etat de Pussiane" once :D

(if I go further with my wikipedia-based info, the creole word would be Pwizyané)

it comes from the map
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:41 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: The Kennels
I shouldn't have access to Wikipedia sometimes.

Pussy as a slang is Germanic to Old Saxon in origin (most likely) from the word pūse which meant vulva. Since it's safe to say they're just varied versions of currently language, and that a lot of this is based in 5 minutes of Wikipedia, if go with Pussian or Pussan. Other than that, I think it's interesting that there is this masculine (county) association to a traditionally social feminine word.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:20 pm 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Frankie
Fave comic: The Office
Other similar examples I can think of are Montana and Indiana. demonyms for those are Montanan and Indianan so I guess this verifies Bangermann's claim. But Louisianian and Indianian forms are also used, so Pussianian is correct too.

Nw if we accept that Pussiana is like Louisiana, which is named after Louis XIV, then the origin of the name must be Pussy, Pussi, or Puss (I know I know). Maybe it was named after King Puss of Froggia? In this case I'd go with Pussianan or Pussianian for the name of its people.

But if it is like Indiana, which is itself named after a people (Land of the Indians) then the name for its nation could be Pussian like in Triona's story. And the word Pussian sounds like Prussian or Hessian to me, so maybe they were originally from a German-ish place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:23 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
I have always gone with Pussianian in this debate. Tough it ahd never occurred to me to use Pussian I must have
seen it somewhere but I cannot remember where Erenisch uses it, so it may be a forum thing. I doubt it is a Francopohonic thing
but I have always thought it to be a dreadfullly dystopic version of Americana.. Great for the haves a living nightmare for the have nots.

I want to offer thanks to Celestical for offering her insight into the use of Pussy in this context. it is one of those questions that you wouldn't normally think to ask about.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:00 am 
Evil Genius

Fave character: Maggie & Melanie
Fave comic: the next one
We can always leave it up to the 'masses' to decide. Simply let people use what they like, and one of them will be accepted as the norm. You know, like in real world 8-)

For example, sadly I cannot find the original text to back this up, but I believe actually it was me who came up with the name Pussiana when writing the fan fiction 'The adventures of Fuuk Errhard' in the old forum (the setup of the story involves two countries and their cultural differences, thus I needed to name them). And now its become the established name for the Erenisch world.

I'm not looking for credit, so please correct me if I'm wrong, it was merely mentioned as an example on how this world matured (by an active forum).

Btw, does anybody know when we, eeeh sorry :oops: , when E started this (the forum, and thus the rapid Erenisch world development)?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:33 am 
The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.
Just checked my saved files from the old forum. It seems the name "Pussiana" was suggested by an anonymous guest (the old forum allowed that). Another (or the same) anonymous user suggested the names Cunton, Bordelia, Hoaretown and Banghaven.

According to the record, Thon suggested the name Paradise for the city. Rak suggested Awesome-ville, Gatolica suggested Babetown and Chikston, Mike suggested Slutsville, Extreme-C suggested Twattenham and Snatchfield, Den aka Dr. White suggested Randyville, and I filled the rest (Harlotport and Maidenfair).

After the first map was posted with some of these names, Thon also suggested another list including Titsburgh, Babetown, Whipool, Los Buttoms, Comemouth, Komeinher, Whorealot, Fort Boundcunt, New Moans, Assdrille and named the island south of Harlotport "Bird Island" where he lives and operates his "mail order buisness from - Thon's Toys for painsluts & slaves"... I guess this "Bird Island" is where I put the FTZ on... Which makes Thon one of those shady businessmen.

(All good names by the way. I should put these places on the map in the next revision.)

This s a big surprise to me too, because here I thought I came up with most of these names myself... Turns out human memory is not to be trusted.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:58 am 
Evil Genius

Great digging! I stand corrected on Pussiana. But I feel vindicated on my main point, that names and expressions often take on a life of their own in a community, often blurring the origin.

Edit - And that business is now defunct. Lots of tax write offs. But I will say that I'm in no way in some illicit businesses! That's just rumors spread by my competitors. And some stupid customers who doesn't bother to read 800 page eula. My current company is Parvus Invest. We're focused at brokering deals so good that people cannot say no.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:34 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Melanie Compter
Fave comic: The Bottom
I've usually gone with "Pussian" as it seems more natural to me than "Pussianian" (which is a bit of a mouthful so to speak!) and because it sounds like "Russian" and "Prussian" which have certain connotations that fit the theme. And there's no rule that says that the word for a country's inhabitants must be longer than that for the country itself. The official name for the Czech republic is Czechia AFAIK and the people are Czech. Britannia was the latin name for Britain but I don't think there was ever such as thing as a "Britannian"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:04 am 
Evil Genius

I agree. Humans are lazy and often look for the shortest option. Like for the brittish, we typical say just 'brit'.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:27 am 
The Artist

I don't want to impose any official form at this point.

But I'm intrigued by these French/German/Creole theories about the history of the place.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:42 am 
Transcended

Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
In the Breed people use the nicknames "Yaski" and "Bernie" for Sukoneryaskan and Ibernian respectively. I wonder what other nations call the people of Pussiana...

pussies? :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:43 am 
Transcended

Fave comic: The Kennels
I'd imagine that they would in a derogatory way or just making fun of some person from the country

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:27 pm 
The Artist

MrGoodPecker wrote:
In the Breed people use the nicknames "Yaski" and "Bernie" for Sukoneryaskan and Ibernian respectively. I wonder what other nations call the people of Pussiana...

pussies? :D

:D Probably.