Hotties Next Door 8
by PRedondo

Comic (40 pages)
EUR 19.99

Post subject: Ownership Continuity
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:32 am 
Slave Owner

Fave character: Cumbunny
In Lovelust you make a big deal about the fact that Paul officially owns Maggie and Carol, but I was looking at the BFA Registry Files a while back and I noticed that Maggie is registered in Peter's name, making her officially his. Did you forget that? Or is there something I'm missing?

Post subject: Re: Ownership Continuity
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:41 am 
Slutty Saint

Fave character: Sherry & Melanie
Fave comic: The Bottom
That point is clear in the comic. On page 28, at the last panel Paul says:
-"my sons name may be on your ownership certificate, but I pay your taxes and and I feed every cunt in this house, remember that."

(It was also clear in BG9 Paul registered Maggie in Peters name at the BFA. )

Last edited by gatolica on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
I am with Gat on this one

Leaving aside E's claim that those files are now to be considered forgeries it should be said that what Paul was saying is that, while Peter has his name on the certificate, Paul bought the girl, pays the taxes on her and pays for the slave feed so in that actual sense he is the real owner.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:50 am 
Slutty Saint

Fave character: Sherry & Melanie
Fave comic: The Bottom
Yes and a related note: on page 11, Carol calls Peter her master, but Paul her "official owner". I guess that means her certificate had Pauls name and she was "on loan" to Peter in legal terms.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:49 pm 
Harem Owner

Fave character: Anna
Like they always say, possession is nine tenths of the law. If Paul is feeding and housing the slaves, they're his, even if registered under the name of his dependent, adult son.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:36 am 
Lawmaker

Flav wrote:
Like they always say, possession is nine tenths of the law. If Paul is feeding and housing the slaves, they're his, even if registered under the name of his dependent, adult son.

That's a saying, not a binding legal concept. If Peter's the registered owner, he IS the owner. (unless E says different)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:44 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
Strangely this places Maggie in the same situation as a SlaveCop.

There is a difference between her official owner and the man who effectively owns her, except in her case the B.F.A is replaced by Paul Stevenson (that analogy would please his ego no end :D ) Peter takes the role of Anders and (the late and barely lamented) Agent Vernon.

Will Peter follow up on this by buying her a blue coloured slave choker on her 30th Birthday?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:06 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Sir Humphrey Appleby
Spaz wrote:
Flav wrote:

That's a saying, not a binding legal concept. If Peter's the registered owner, he IS the owner. (unless E says different)

What we have here is an example of the 'power of the purse'. Maggie and co are Peters and he can do as he pleases but he relies on his parents allowance which Paul can revoke at will. Paul therefore gains power and influence de facto if not de jure.

I still think that Paul was way out of line and asking for a reprisal with his actions. The father/son relationship has definetly been altered and that is also something to be considered.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:24 am 
The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.
theperson wrote:
In Lovelust you make a big deal about the fact that Paul officially owns Maggie and Carol, but I was looking at the BFA Registry Files a while back and I noticed that Maggie is registered in Peter's name, making her officially his. Did you forget that? Or is there something I'm missing?

Sorry I missed this direct question before.

By the time of BG10, legal ownership status of the women in the Stevenson House is this:

Maggie and Gwen belong to Peter,
Sherry, Tawnie, Molly, Carol (also Bonita, Sapphire and Scarlet) belong to Paul.

Carol was "on loan" to Peter in the beginning. That means, Carol's ownership certificate states that Paul is her owner, but Paul unofficially gave her to his son when he took Sherry's ownership. (Since BG8)

Most of the above answers are correct. when he boasts about how all the women in the house belong to him, Paul means that he purchased them all (except Gwen and Tawnie, who were both acquired without payment), pays their annual taxes, provides them shelter and food, etc... Paul does not pay taxes for Sherry as she is now his wife, and pays a low rate tax for Molly, who is no longer classified as a private pleasure slave.

Some legalese:

If a female's tax is not paid by the deadline, the BFA asks the former CMR if he wants to reacquire the slave by paying the owed amount. If he doesn't, the CMR before him will get the same opportunity. And if nobody wants to pay for the slave, the state confiscates the girl and uses her in state service or auctions her off.

If Paul wants to take Maggie away from Peter legally, he has to wait until the tax payment deadline. If Peter fails, he can assume ownership because he purchased her and became the CMR briefly before giving her to his son.

(For Gwen, Paul has no such right. All of Gwen's prior CMRs are deceased. It is almost certain that Gwen would be confiscated by the BFA.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:56 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry
This is an area of convergence between parallel universes. In E.'s or ours, it's still all about the money. Whoever pays for owns, regardless of what the paperwork might say. Indeed, for the right amount of money, as we see, the paperwork can be adjusted as necessary.

Paul is, in fact, the paterfamilias of the household and wields that authority how he sees fit. It's doubtful anyone from outside his walls would challenge his claims of ownership of any slaves within them.

Wherever you go, business is business.