EUR 19.99

Post subject: Re: inheriting slaves
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:58 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Frankie
Fave comic: The Office
Hater665511 wrote:
Bangerman wrote:
There should be a topic where we can discuss important "legal matters" like these. :D

Are there any lawyers among the forum members?

Not a lawyer, but if all goes according to plan I'll be starting as a L1 next September.

My current knowledge of the law is mostly American Constitutional Law and various precedents around that, but I do have some knowledge of contract law and estate law.

Good luck Hater. Maybe you should write an erenischian constitution. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:22 pm 
Harem Owner

Fave character: Maggie
samantha wrote:
Hater665511 wrote:
Bangerman wrote:
There should be a topic where we can discuss important "legal matters" like these. :D

Not a lawyer, but if all goes according to plan I'll be starting as a L1 next September.

My current knowledge of the law is mostly American Constitutional Law and various precedents around that, but I do have some knowledge of contract law and estate law.

Good luck Hater. Maybe you should write an erenischian constitution. :D

I actually thought about doing something like that. The biggest issue is that my knowledge of constitutional law is mostly based on the one in my country. And my country's constitution is heavily influenced by the western enlightenment while most of the e-verse is... well.... not :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:28 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: The Kennels
But it would still be something, and something pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:42 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Sir Humphrey Appleby
Hater665511 wrote:
Bangerman wrote:

OK so what's an L1?

A first year at law school? But then you have knowledge of American Constitutional Law - How?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:43 am 
Transcended

celestical wrote:
But it would still be something, and something pretty cool.

I agree and remember that there are many different countries in the E-verse.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:58 pm 
Harem Owner

m113 wrote:
Hater665511 wrote:
Bangerman wrote:

OK so what's an L1?

A first year at law school? But then you have knowledge of American Constitutional Law - How?

I studied American Con law in middle school in a one term thing, in high school as a 1 year class, and in college as a two term class. My knowledge of American Constitutional Law is by no means extensive, but I have taken several classes on the matter and would hope after much study that I have something of an understanding of it

I'll give a shot at trying to write what I think such a constitution would look like. I imagine it would be structured as follows:

Preamble about the superiority of the male sex
Jobs and limits of the Executive Branch
Jobs and limits of the Legislative Branch
Jobs and limits of the Judicial Branch
Bill of Rights (for free men only)
Process for Amending

EDIT: So he's what I was thinking so far, in terms of executive power. As you may note, it makes little reference to CFS and is very similar to the American constitution. I envision the senate as being a lifelong post of patrician like people, more similar to the Roman model than the American one.

Article I

Section 1:
Clause 1: The executive power of this country shall be invested in the office of the President. He shall enjoy an office of four years along with a vice president chosen during the same period.
Clause 2: The president and vice president shall be elected by a popular vote of all adult men in a two round system. Election day will occur upon the first Friday of June after a Saturday. The subsequent runoff election shall be held the following week upon the next Friday.
Clause 3: The president shall be sworn into office upon the first day of the month of July.
Clause 4: No one, save for adult male citizens of the state, shall be granted suffrage in any form of voting.
Clause 5: No one shall be eligible for the office of president who has not attained the age of 30 years at the time of their election.
Clause 6: Upon the disability of the president to discharge the functions of his office, be this by death or lasting disability, the vice president will be invested with the office of president.
Clause 7: The president shall enjoy a compensation set by congress for the duration of his presidency

Section 2:
Clause 1: The president shall be vested with supreme power over all the military forces of the country, including the power to declare war, with the consent of the senate.
Clause 2: The president shall have the power to appoint or fire military commanders, with the consent of the senate.
Clause 3: The president shall have the power, with consent of the senate, to make treaties with other nations.
Clause 4: The president shall have the power, with consent of the senate, to appoint justices to serve on the nations courts, including those which he and congress shall later make provisions for
Clause 5: The president shall enjoy the privilege of delegating his executive power to a subordinate body within his cabinet, to be held at the pleasure of the president, with the consent of the senate.
Clause 6: The president shall be obligated to make an annual account to congress for his actions in the previous year and his plans for the subsequent year.
Clause 7: It shall be the responsibility of the president to ensure the loyalty of all subordinates within the Executive Branch.

Section 3:
Clause 1: At any time, the president may be removed from office with a 2/3rds majority of the senate. The president may be removed for high crimes and misdemeanors or due to a vote of no confidence.
Clause 2: If removed, elections shall be held within 30 days but not before 10 days have passed. The day of the election shall be determined by the senate.
Clause 3: If reelected after an impeachment, the president may not be impeached through a vote of no confidence for a subsequent two year period.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:52 pm 
Transcended

Hater665511 wrote:

I studied American Con law in middle school in a one term thing, in high school as a 1 year class, and in college as a two term class. My knowledge of American Constitutional Law is by no means extensive, but I have taken several classes on the matter and would hope after much study that I have something of an understanding of it

I am fascinated that 'Law' was an option at a middle/ High school.

Quote:
Clause 5: No one shall be eligible for the office of president who has not attained the age of 30 years at the time of their election

But why have an age limit on the Presidency?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:25 pm 
Transcended

m113 wrote:
Hater665511 wrote:

Quote:
Clause 5: No one shall be eligible for the office of president who has not attained the age of 30 years at the time of their election

I'm shocked you had law. My high school didn't.

The 30 is an arbitrary age restriction. They have them for us positions.i can't speak for other countries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:56 pm 
Harem Owner

m113 wrote:
Hater665511 wrote:

Quote:

It wasn't an easy class to get into, I'll be totally honest. And they axed it after I graduated due to budget reasons

As for the age limit, the restriction is mirrored to the one in the United States

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:57 am 
The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.
celestical wrote:
The 30 is an arbitrary age restriction.

That's because your ventromedial prefrontal cortex doesn't fully form until you are 29 years 11 months old. As we all know, laws are exclusively made by neuroscientists.

And I have to say that I love the direction of this thread. I'd definitely benefit immensely from a discussion on legal matters, as I have little knowledge about law beyond the code of Hammurabi...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:06 am 
Harem Owner

Erenisch wrote:
celestical wrote:

That's because your ventromedial prefrontal cortex doesn't fully form until you are 29 years 11 months old. As we all know, laws are exclusively made by neuroscientists.

And I have to say that I love the direction of this thread. I'd definitely benefit immensely from a discussion on legal matters, as I have little knowledge about law beyond the code of Hammurabi...

I imagine the laws of your universe would be slightly more enlightened than Hammurabi's code.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:33 am 
The Artist

Hater665511 wrote:
Erenisch wrote:
celestical wrote:

I imagine the laws of your universe would be slightly more enlightened than Hammurabi's code.

"slightly", yes... :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 pm 
Transcended

And once more a Thank You to Wikipedia for its entry on Hammurabi.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:17 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
Erenisch wrote:

Dude check out Draco for a more modern and probably more Pussianian law code.

Clue from the man's own lips
Quote:
I think death is the best penalty for minor crimes and what else can you punish major ones with?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:40 am 
Lawmaker

Fave character: Tawnie
m113 wrote:

Hey, the people in Erenisch's universe get off easy. In America, you have to be 35 before you can be president, you have to have been born in the United States (or have been a citizen when the Constitution was ratified...224 years ago. So this option is basically limited to Rip Van Winkle). You also have to have lived in America for at least 14 years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:57 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
Statutory Age Limits are indeed weird and wonderful creations- in the UK you can get married and start smoking at 16, go to war and drive a car at 17 but you can't vote or legally have sex until you are 18. Except in Scotland where the voting age was lowered to help the Yes Campaign in the recent referendum. I think you have to be 21 to become an MP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:30 am 
The Artist

Personally believe an average human is not capable of making sound decisions before 25 (at least), but we should start practicing with unimportant matters at an early age anyway. :D

Hammurabi laws almost always end with the phrase "he shall be put to death", so I guess it was particularly hard on the males. Of course a feminist reading would highlight the fact that women were simply excluded from the whole process. Even though I'm not familiar with the content of Darco's Athenian constitution I guess it was similarly written and applied. In our setting, financial settlement would be the dominant form, and capital punishment would be reserved for serious crimes like high-treason and/or subversive anti-androcratic activism.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:32 am 
Transcended

Rufus wrote:
you can't ... legally have sex until you are 18.

Last I checked for regular hetro sex its over 16 in the UK.
As in the age you can get married with parental consent.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 am 
Transcended

m113 wrote:
Rufus wrote:

Do you need consent for underage sex too???
:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:50 am 
Transcended

celestical wrote:
m113 wrote:
Rufus wrote:

Do you need consent for underage sex too???
:shock:

Loaded question. I'm going to back away slowly .....