Snatcher 2:
Cosprey
by Merrick/Fernando

Comic (40 pages)
EUR 24.95

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:48 am 
Lawmaker

Fave character: Maggie
I think the end of BG 9 deserves its own thread, so we can discuss that separate from the rest of the comic. So just focusing on the end, what was everyone's response to this? One more time for the people sitting in the back row:

SPOILER ALERT!! I AM ABOUT TO SPOIL THE ENDING FOR YOU! IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE COMIC GO AWAY!!!!!

OK, now that that is out of the way: at the end Anna not only escapes from Steve, she murders him, cuts off his balls, and burns down his house. Wow! I think we all knew Anna was going to escape, but really? I did not see this coming.

This ending seems to contradict the entire premise of all these stories. THe E-verse is, or used to be, a fantasy universe in which men would torture women and live out their wildest dreams without any fear of consequences. With 2 pages at the end of BG 9, E turned the entire world on its head. Now we have no idea what to expect.

A female character has now murdered and mutilated one of the male leads. On the one hand, I respect that this was a truly unexpected twist, so its a bold move from a story telling position. On the other hand, this is not what I buy Erenish comics to see. I have to put up with overbearing, angry females in real life and on the mainstream media, when I buy a fantasy comic, I do not want to see a girl murdering a guy and cutting off his balls.

...that kinda takes the fun out of masturbating.

We are all expecting Anna to get captured and tortured to one extent or another later, but I don't think that really matters. Steve is dead, the balance is broken and nothing can restore that. Besides that, Anna is now more badass than any of the male characters. I had been enjoying how much Peter has grown in confidence and imagining if he met Anna again he'd finally be able to tame her, but no matter how much he has grown, he can't compete with that! Anna has risen from a flamming torture chamber like the bitch from hell.

If people are into the dominatrix type girl hero who takes vengence on evil men, I am all for them enjoying that fantasy... but I did not really want that to mix with our fantasy world hear in the E-verse.

Even though I may not like the ending, I do feel obliged to point out that Erenisch is still without a doubt the best maker of erotic comics out there. E has no peers, his/her only real competition is his/herself we would not even be able to have this kind of conversation about any of the other authors out there.

OK those are my thoughts, I expect a lot of people disagree with me but if nothing else we can have some interesting discussion on this.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:46 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
I can see where otherguy is coming from here, and I certainly will not pour abuse on him for saying what he said.

There is a sense in which Anna's actions have turned the world upside down, and I don't read these comic to see badass bitches violently avenging womankind either. Having said that, we know from SiT;K that girls quite frequently murder their masters (Kim's boss says executions for it are almost daily events) so all this has done is bring the background element shockingly to the fore. For that reason I don't thnk we can say that E has changed the genre in which these comics are set.

Also it has to be born in mind that nothing about Anna fits Pussiania. She is an alien in every sense, being foreign, liberated, self confident and brash to the point of psychopathic. No Pussianian woman could ever be like that and so she seems even worse by the comparison. In turn she highlights just how submissiive, docile and obedient pieces of slave fleshr the Pussianian women really are.

I would not worry about Peter in this matter, he has learned from the experience and has moved on- there are too many other girls to be found, manipulated, abused and enslaved. Anna made the man and has gone to whatever destiny awaits her.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:22 am 
BFA Director

Fave character: sherry
all good points, but how many leads have died in the comics, anita in slave fair two, steve in bg9, and of caurse the monster in Frankie Steinns Monster, but its always hinted in most comics, that girls aresent to become dog food etc,

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:10 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
I too understand why otherguy was not happy with the ending of vengeance, but I totally disagree about the consequences. Life Rufus mentioned, there is no real break with the canon. In the Kennels we were informed about such female crimes. And of course the existence of the FLF (Slave Fair 2, The Clinic) is another proof that females can be violent in their struggle against the system.

I think the ending to vengeance is brilliant for several reasons.

I deepens the character of Anna, makes it even more formidable after all that torture. One thing E does best is creating complex and memorable characters, and Anna is one of the most complex and memorable.

It is also perfect prelude to an Anna comic. Now we have no way of guessing what will happen to Anna. If anna was left in Steve's dungeon, the Anna spinoff would by as dry as a roberts comic with continuous torture. and that is something you never see in a typical complex plot from erenish.

If Anna was to escape somehow without hurtng Steve, she would have to go to Peter or the state authorities to complain, and that would hijact the story of BG10. I personally want to see the graduation party rather than Steve's trial. Now Anna has a reason to run away like and outlaw, away from the BG plot and into her own spinoff.

I also think that giving Cathy to Anna as a companion is another genius touch. Now we can see how Anna behaves with other girls when there is no master around. We had some preview of that with Ginger, but now Anna has no limits. I say poor Cathy.

I also never liked Steve and generally identified with the Stevensons (sometimes Peter and sometimes Paul), so I kinda like that Steve got this punishment for stealing his friend's squeeze.

And finally, I just know that Anna will go down in flames at the end of her spinoff, and the ending to vengeance will make the fall even more delicious. My money is on Lidia to catch her and she will be spending some time in a BFA dungeon before being executed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 am 
Slutty Saint

Fave character: Sherry & Melanie
Fave comic: The Bottom
I like the ending. I actually loved it. Im not a guy so I dont really need to see all the girls abused all the time. Anna is a great character and also a controvercial one. Many people dont like her dom attitude. I think that is where the fun is. There is no controversy in other artists stories or charcters because they are straightforward and simple (boring). so I agree on that point with otherguy.

I also agree with Mr Goodpecker about the Anna spinoff. It will be an epic fall for Anna because she is now probably the most hated E character of all time. :)

Quote:
Also it has to be born in mind that nothing about Anna fits Pussiania. She is an alien in every sense, being foreign, liberated, self confident and brash to the point of psychopathic. No Pussianian woman could ever be like that and so she seems even worse by the comparison. In turn she highlights just how submissiive, docile and obedient pieces of slave fleshr the Pussianian women really are.

great quote by Rufus. I totally agree with this

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:42 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Melanie Compter
I agree with Gatolica, I too loved the ending but it's not because I'm into women exacting revenge on men at all, but because it was an interesting and unexpected twist and made for a better story. This is what makes E's work absorbing and sets it apart from all the other Fansadox authors who hew to the same predictable formula each time. With the others you just feel like you're working your way through a checklist ticking off all the expected beats and there's no mystery or intrigue whereas E has built an entire fascinating world and tells compelling stories that you have to read and want to read to find out what happens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:49 pm 
Lawmaker

slutmaster wrote:
all good points, but how many leads have died in the comics, anita in slave fair two, steve in bg9, and of caurse the monster in Frankie Steinns Monster, but its always hinted in most comics, that girls aresent to become dog food etc,

Too me the killing of Steve is a huge deal, much more than the death of a background female. This is like the ultimate misognyist fantasy world, we are all self-professed evil men. :-) And while I am on record saying I did not particularly enjoy seeing the one-shot female characters die either, Steve was one of the male leads. Everyone ususally says they identify with Peter but in a way I identify with every single man in the E-verse. The fantasy of the E-verse is about the existence of this entire fantasy world as much as it is about individual men and women.

In the E-verse, men (collectively) are oppressing women (collectively), the entire society is oppressing them rather than individual men. Steve was an important part of that idea, Steve represented the uglisiest, fattest, stupidist man in this world, and still he got to "win" and triumph over the women. Steve is the insecure loser inside us all (ok that last part is a stretch, lol, but I am having fun with this so I am going to keep going). We don't have to identity with him, but it is fun seeing him there winning anyway, because it reflects on the entire society.

Steve is that cute little kid asking his dad to buy him a bike in Slave Fair 2, now every time I re-read that, I think "yup, he's dead now, he got his balls cut off and his house burned down"

Every time I see Steve or Anna in any of the previous comics, I can't help but remember Anna murdering him. I think that killing Steve really changes the tone for this entire series.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:54 pm 
Slave Owner

Fave character: holly holes venger
gatolica wrote:
There is no controversy in other artists stories or charcters because they are straightforward and simple (boring).

triona_b wrote:
it was an interesting and unexpected twist and made for a better story. This is what makes E's work absorbing and sets it apart from all the other Fansadox authors who hew to the same predictable formula each time. With the others you just feel like you're working your way through a checklist

With this choice, Erenisch didn't diverge from other Fansadox artists; he followed their lead. Anna's twists ARE the predictable formula. It IS the checklist.

Predondo's Harem Horror series is ostensibly male-dom. But as it develops, a female character is introduced, Ms. Jazmin, who is as dominant and sadistic as any of the male characters, but more powerful by means of her beauty. She is cleverer, more strong-willed, and more sexually aggressive than any of the males. She enjoys teasing men with her gorgeous body. It's male-dom except for one woman who is supreme over all.

Fernando's Confiscated Twins series is ostensibly male-dom. But as it develops, a female character is introduced, Amanda, who is as dominant and sadistic as any of the male characters, but more powerful by means of her beauty. She is cleverer, more strong-willed, and more sexually aggressive than any of the males. She enjoys teasing men with her gorgeous body. It's male-dom except for one woman who is supreme over all.

Moffett's Martian series is ostensibly male-dom. But a female character is introduced, Colonel Wasp, who is as dominant and sadistic as any of the male characters, but more powerful by means of her beauty. She is cleverer, more strong-willed, and more sexually aggressive than any of the males. She enjoys teasing men with her gorgeous body. It's male-dom except for one woman who is supreme over all.

Bored yet? I am.

Erenisch's series is ostensibly male-dom. But as it develops, a female character is introduced, Anna, who is as dominant and sadistic as any of the male characters, but more powerful by means of her beauty. She is cleverer, more strong-willed, and more sexually aggressive than any of the males. She enjoys teasing men with her gorgeous body. It's male-dom except for one woman who is supreme over all. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's just looking at a few.

It's like an axiom: given enough time, every Fansadox author will eventually create a female character he puts on a pedestal.

None of the other characters have fallen from their pedestals, and I profoundly doubt any of them ever will.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:44 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Melanie Compter
someoneelse wrote:
Erenisch's series is ostensibly male-dom. But as it develops, a female character is introduced, Anna, who is as dominant and sadistic as any of the male characters, but more powerful by means of her beauty. She is cleverer, more strong-willed, and more sexually aggressive than any of the males. She enjoys teasing men with her gorgeous body. It's male-dom except for one woman who is supreme over all.

It's like an axiom: given enough time, every Fansadox author will eventually create a female character he puts on a pedestal.

None of the other characters have fallen from their pedestals, and I profoundly doubt any of them ever will.

The problem with this is that we haven't seen where Anna's character is going. E loves to put surprise twists into story plots, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if "standard" DoFantasy strong woman plot gets turned on its head.

Basically, give it a shot before you prejudge. I'm actually looking forward to reading Anna's series. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:13 pm 
Lawmaker

FringeThumb wrote:
someoneelse wrote:
Erenisch's series is ostensibly male-dom. But as it develops, a female character is introduced, Anna, who is as dominant and sadistic as any of the male characters, but more powerful by means of her beauty. She is cleverer, more strong-willed, and more sexually aggressive than any of the males. She enjoys teasing men with her gorgeous body. It's male-dom except for one woman who is supreme over all.

The problem with this is that we haven't seen where Anna's character is going. E loves to put surprise twists into story plots, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if "standard" DoFantasy strong woman plot gets turned on its head.

Basically, give it a shot before you prejudge. I'm actually looking forward to reading Anna's series. :)

Someoneelse makes a good point. The " a female character is introduced, who is as dominant and sadistic as any of the male characters, but more powerful by means of her beauty. She is cleverer, more strong-willed, and more sexually aggressive than any of the males. She enjoys teasing men with her gorgeous body. It's male-dom except for one woman who is supreme over all. " that is actually a meme. I hadn't really thought of that. Although that might be unfair. Perhaps its best described as just another fetish. Its the dominatrix fetish. I assume a lot of people are into that, since it shows up so often (I am not, I always root for the man).

I think that fact that Anna used to be to be the dominantrix female was what made her fall so enjoyable when she was captured and tortured by Steve. When she went from torturing the girls and teasing the boys, to being captured and r@ped that was really unexpected, it broke the formula. Now we are back on track, with her being the ultimate bad-ass.

I am not so sure we can dip into this well twice. Even if or when Anna gets captured and is tortured yet again, will it really be as satisfying as it was the first time? Steve is dead, Anna has already won, no matter what happens to her in a later issue, nothing is gonna take that away from her.

My concern is that she's becoming the dominant character in the series, her actions over-shadow every other character. I don't like that at all. As Someonelse pointed, the confiscated twins series came to a very dissappointing end with domintrix ruling and the main male characters as more pathetic than every. I don't want that to happen here. On the otherhand, it is true that without conflict a story gets boring.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:06 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Heather
Fave comic: Fam Slave Set & The Bottom
I understand the controversy but I certainly don't think the series is 'ruined'. Did Anna need to kill Steve? Probably not, but it was both unexpected and within her character. I'm not a fan of the vengeful female victim trope in these comics either so I would have prefered Steve to live and for Anna just to realize she wouldn't get help from this society and go on the run for that reason. (I don't know how that would have worked, but I've seen worse justifications on television)

What I'm hoping for in the future, but probably won't see due to some of the restrictions dofantasy operates under as well as the tastes of Erenisch, is Anna is captured and after a little show trial she is led to the guillotine for the half time show at the big game. You don't need to show it too graphically, Steve was killed 'off camera' Anna can go the same way.

(but I've come to understand that I'm significantly sicker than most of you here)

OBEY MALE AUTHORITY!
Everything is about Sex except Sex. Sex is about Power! - Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:57 am 
Supreme Being

first i'd like to point out that Fernando has said that Confiscated twins 4 was not the end but just the beginning. or something along those lines.

Anna's escape to me was not the end of BG9, but more of a prelude to her own series. To me the end of BG9 was when Peter gave Gwen her promotion.

Anna's escape was more like an epilog. Nobody in the series cared for her anymore. Peter was over her, Maggie didn't think about her anymore because Peter never thought about Anna. If anything Peter and Jeff's conversation ended Anna's chapter in Peter's life.

As for Anna killing Steve. I think everyone who followed the series was happy to never see the guy again. Having his member chopped off and burned up may have been an over killed. Personal I think it would have been better to see him stay alive with no member. With his humiliation and fear of going to prison keeping him silent about Anna and Cathy. But the other ending works really well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:25 pm 
Lawmaker

dougeee wrote:

As for Anna killing Steve. I think everyone who followed the series was happy to never see the guy again.

I have already said I was not happy to never see him again. I wanted him to win. I wanted all the men too win.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:28 pm 
Slave Owner

Fave character: holly holes venger
otherguy wrote:
dougeee wrote:

As for Anna killing Steve. I think everyone who followed the series was happy to never see the guy again.

I have already said I was not happy to never see him again. I wanted him to win. I wanted all the men too win.

Seconded.

I don't respect any part of the storyline around Steve. He's less than Peter, but why? What did Peter do to make him better than Steve? Did he work harder, demonstrate heroic qualities, show gifts for communication? No. He was born with more money, and he's better looking. It's just privilege. That's all. This series punishes Steve, nonstop and brutally, for not being born with privilege.

I suppose one could argue that the series punishes women for an accident of birth, but that's the material the story works with.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:03 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Heather
Fave comic: Fam Slave Set & The Bottom
I think Steve was punished more for, and by, his jealousy. His pointless envy of Peter blinded him to the glorious life he was leading. He had two great slaves (I get the impression that most people struggle to afford one) one of which he ignored for no reason, and the other he lost gambling in a pointless attempt to 'beat' Peter. Then he kidnapped an unenslavable girl just because she made fun of him. Lots of people in high school are made fun of, very few of them resort to crime in response.

If he had just enjoyed what he had everything would have turned out better. Look at Jeff, he's not as wealthy or good looking as Peter but he's enjoying every minute of his life.

I don't think Steve had to die for his 'sins' but if he hadn't let his jealousy get away from him his life would have been much better.

OBEY MALE AUTHORITY!
Everything is about Sex except Sex. Sex is about Power! - Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:08 pm 
Supreme Being

otherguy wrote:
dougeee wrote:

Personally I don't care who wins. Though I'll admit I like to see the women suffer only to come out on top on the other end. That is as long as they come out as a better person. I guess that is why I like the BG series so much. I like the idea of Maggie and Sherry getting mistreated and such and seeing their characters change for the better. When you considered their environment. Sherry being a slave wife, top owner for a slave and receiving more freedom than she ever would and receiving more humiliation than before. And Maggie even though she is a favorite she is receiving the same treatment of a slave wife.

Steve was just a jerk and as selfish as Gwen. Peter is loyal to his friends, helps them with their problems and very giving. He shares his property with his buddies.l

The only problem I really have with the ending at the moment is that it seems Anna is the person she was before her capture and torture. She is still taking advantage of other women and treating them like she is a man.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:59 am 
Lawmaker

someoneelse wrote:
otherguy wrote:
dougeee wrote:

Seconded.

I don't respect any part of the storyline around Steve. He's less than Peter, but why? What did Peter do to make him better than Steve? Did he work harder, demonstrate heroic qualities, show gifts for communication? No. He was born with more money, and he's better looking. It's just privilege. That's all. This series punishes Steve, nonstop and brutally, for not being born with privilege.

I suppose one could argue that the series punishes women for an accident of birth, but that's the material the story works with.

I agree with this. I find it weird people are arguing that Steve "deserved" what he got. No one in this series deserves what they get. The entire premise is that the society is unfair. The men are given huge advantage and the women get enslaved, why should Steve be the one and only man who actually received some form of punishment for his sins? So what if he was jealous of Peter, who wouldn't be? Peter is a rich kid who had everything in life handed to him on a silver platter.

On top of that, there was something really sexy about the way he kidnapped Anna. Here was a bitchy popular girl in high school who was teasing the loser, and she was finally paying for that. It was the ultimate empowerment fantasy. The high school loser triumphing over the hot bitchy popular girl. That was great. I think we all were flashing back to high school when we read that, at least subconsciously.

I have a way of rooting for the underdog (the male underdog anyways, lol) Steve was the underdog. He was born poor and ugly, but he was ambitious enough to try and kidnap Anna anyways (and in the fucked up E-verse world, kidnapping is usually rewarded). I wanted to see him come out on top, I did not want to see him get killed, his balls cut off and his house burned to the ground.

Last edited by otherguy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:04 am 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Frankie
Fave comic: The Office
This is a nice discussion. I read the comic a few days ago and loved the ending. It was shocking but great. Like Gat, I'm a chick and a switch in my fantasies so there is no ethical dilemma for me. I wouldn't mind having a dom girl in the story. After all we had doms before. Frankie was one until she was tamed by Igor. Molly is a switch, dom with the girls and sub with her master. Even Maggie and Sherry are getting "switchy".

The ending was awesome because of the shock value, but it totally made sense. Anna was defiant to the end even when Steve told her she'll be dead in a few minutes. I agree with dougee that some girls are tamed with mistreatment in E's stories, but Anna is not an ordinary girl. She was extraordinary from the first moment the boys saw her at school. She just noticed the boys talking about her body, and walked up to them to call them on that. She teased them with the naive girl act on their own turf and then out of the blue, rented two of their slavegirls. And then she teased Peter all night, torturing his slavegirls in front of him in the nude. Then she granted him the title of "her boyfriend", Peter was not given a choice. She was always in control in her relationships.

Remember the Steven scene in BG7. She just ripped him apart with her words, in front of his friends. She then went on to abuse Ginger, supposedly for Peter. But she never actually asked Peter. She always gave the illusion of control but did everything for her own pleasure. She trained Maggie and Sherry as ponies, she offered to do so for Jeff. And then made Jeff buy Nathalie so she could play with her. So she even had control over Jeff even though he is not her boyfriend. Manipulated everyone around her without impunity.

Even after the BG7 ending, I never thought that Anna would be broken, especially not by someone like Steven. Even a girl-taming genius like Paul would have difficulty breaking Anna. Anna would be able to wiggle out of everything.

So even it was deliciously shocking to see Anna emerge from the dungeon all covered in welts and bruises, it totally made sense. Would you imagine a girl like Anna escape from that dungeon and not kill Steven for what he did to her? No way. There was no other way to end this.

And I particularly like her cool demeanor. It was perfect. The casual way she waved that little sack asking Cathy where the trash bin is.. a true psycho.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:36 am 
Lawmaker

samantha wrote:
Then she granted him the title of "her boyfriend", Peter was not given a choice. She was always in control in her relationships.

Remember the Steven scene in BG7. She just ripped him apart with her words, in front of his friends. She then went on to abuse Ginger, supposedly for Peter. But she never actually asked Peter. She always gave the illusion of control but did everything for her own pleasure. She trained Maggie and Sherry as ponies, she offered to do so for Jeff. And then made Jeff buy Nathalie so she could play with her. So she even had control over Jeff even though he is not her boyfriend. Manipulated everyone around her without impunity.

Samantha, I think you really captured Anna and the affect she had on this story with your post. Anna was always in control of the male characters and female characters, she was always in control of everything. By her simple existence she made the male characters less impressive, they were all dumb enough and weak enough to let Anna manipulate them. I always thought Peter's relationship with Anna was pathetic, I hated seeing our "hero" be so easily manipulated and controlled. I had wanted Peter to realize that she was just using him and for him grow some balls and dump her, but that never happened. Peter talked a little shit about Anna behind her back now that she's gone, thats better than him still pining after her I guess, but not much. How much courage does it take to say you don't miss some one when they are already gone?

Steve was the only one who ever stood up to Anna. He was the only one with the balls to challenge her dominance. The only time she was ever not in control was when he kidnapped her. But Steve has now paid the ultimate price for daring to stand up to her.

Anna is apparently destined to get tortured etc... in her own spin off, but so what? What does it matter if some mysterious new character shows up and breaks her? As you pointed out Anna had a very personal relationship with all the characters in BG, Peter, Jeff, Steve and the girls (especially nathalie). Anna controlled those characters, she humiliated each of them, to one extent or another, by bending them to her will. I wanted one of those characters with an intimate relationship to her to be the one who broke her, not some random. I don't see how Anna's fall could have any emotional weight now that she is not going to be part of the BG storyline and won't interact with the main characters (presumably).

And I don't see how one of the main character realistically could break her at this point, Anna has grown to legendary proportions, she has become like an unstoppable force of nature, none of the male characters we have seen would possibly be strong enough to stop her. I mean when she was walking out of the basement, covered, in graffitti and bruises, holding the knife, completely naked... that was one hell of a powerful scene. Love it or hate it, I have to respect that moment, that was very good story telling on E's part. But now that Anna is established as the ultimate bad-ass of the E-verse, as I said, I don't see how any of the already established characters could realistically be bad-ass enough to defeat her (perhaps Paul could, but I am focusing more on her schoolmates who she had a relationship with, she never even met Paul).

As a side note: I do agree that pairing her with Cathy worked very well, they had an instant Thelma an Louise quality even after only a single page together. Also, I agree this is a great discussion, this is the forum at its best! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:09 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
I'm going to have to disagree with someoneelse here.

someoneelse wrote:
Moffett's Martian series is ostensibly male-dom. But a female character is introduced, Colonel Wasp, who is as dominant and sadistic as any of the male characters, but more powerful by means of her beauty. She is cleverer, more strong-willed, and more sexually aggressive than any of the males. She enjoys teasing men with her gorgeous body. It's male-dom except for one woman who is supreme over all. . .None of the other characters have fallen from their pedestals, and I profoundly doubt any of them ever will.

Whilst most of your checklist holds true (though part of me hopes Fernando uses "karma" on Amanda to redeem that series somewhat) this one is a case where we DO know that Colonel Wasp falls really rather badly. We know this because those comics are prequels to the Women Hunt series drawn by Fernando. By that time Colonel Wasp is barely even a memory for the bad guy.

I was slightly surprised to read Steve's cameo in SF 2 being described as "the cute kid asking for a bike." Clearly that scene was set before he developed his issues with mental stability but it still not an adjective I would have chosen for a man who we all agree was not a likeable person. That however is a personal choice of wording.

Someoneelse is entirely right to say that the dominant female is a archetype in these (Dof) comics and that should not be overloooked. I share her dislike of that character but I think we have to ask why Anna acts this way. I have previously argued that she exists to highlight the submission of the local women. She also acts as a warning'- in that the reason that women are routinely kept in bondage is to ensure that men aren't tortured and murdered in their homes. She is everything that the Pussianian society fears and tries to avoid.mad flesh. Her actions though technically done in self defence merely help to reinforce the male domination she so dislikes but is happy to exploit In that sense the BFA is happy to have such crimes so that they can have the murderer publicly executed and society can be reminded why they enslave and bind. If that sounds heart-breakingly cynical I agree, but we are not taking about a liberal, human right obsessed society here.

In answer to why did Steve had to die? I think there are two reasons. Firsly Anna's spin-off requires her to be away from him so it was narrative necessity. The second links to the above and Steve was simply the most disposable of the featured male characters.

EDIT. I have just noticed that I mistakenly referred to someoneelse as being male I apologise to her for this and have now corrected the error.

Last edited by Rufus on Fri May 04, 2012 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.