Cosprey
by Merrick/Fernando

Comic (40 pages)
EUR 24.95

Post subject: Peter vs Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:24 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Maggie
Its always weird to me to talk about these characters as if they really exist, but I can't resist.

I find it interesting that in Peter's home the way the government wants men to treat women is front and centered and that Peter is able to fall in love. I believe this is do that Molly wants Paul to love her and tries to win his love by being loyal to him. I'm not sure how much Peter knows about Paul's desire for Carol to love him, but that might have had an influence on him. So even though the Stevensons practiced the way the government wanted people to act in their home front and centered the idea that a man and woman could love each other was taught to Peter even though Paul has no respect for Molly.

So when Peter trains his slaves they are to want to please him and only please him and desire him. This in turn causes Maggie to want to only please Peter. When Peter forces Maggie to serve other men she does it to make Peter happy and doesn't really care if the man she's pleasing is happy. I mean she cares that the men is happy because it will make Peter happy but that is the only reason. So when Peter gives his attention to other women this causes Maggie to be jealous because she feels that she is not pleasing Peter and thus he has to go to other women to be please. This wanting to please Peter causes Maggie to want Peter and eventually she falls in love with him. It also helps that Maggie was brought up with the belief that love can exist between a man and a woman.

On the other hand Jeff is taught that women is to serve men and only to please men. Though their is no slaves in his house this is what Jeff learns over the idea that a man and woman can love each other. However it is plan to see that the father and mother have respect for each and show affection more then what Paul and Molly show each other. The concept of love between men and women is missed and only the idea that woman are only to make men happy exist.

Thus, when Jeff trains Heather her motive is to please Jeff by pleasing all men. When Heather pleases men she doesn't necessary do it to please Jeff but she does it because she believes that it is her role in life and that Jeff will be happy that she is serving her purpose as a women. So Heather really cares that the man she is serving is satisfied with her service. Because Heather is trained that her sole purpose is to please men she does not feel a bond with Jeff like Maggie does for Peter and because Jeff is taught that women's purpose is to please men he does not form a strong connection for Heather.

Both methods are productive in that the slave wants to please their master but only one really allows for the slave to form feelings for their master. However, I believe that Heather could easily go from one master to another master without missing a beat, while Maggie would have a hard time adjusting to a new master and most likely not be able to make the transition to serving a new master.

Post subject: Re: Peter vs Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:38 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
Interesting point. I think the main difference between Peter and Jeff is their parents. Peter learns from his father, but Jeff learns from his mother. Paul teaches Peter how to treat women, while Jeff's mother teaches him how a woman should behave.

It seemed to me Jeff's father was not a very hands on guy around the house. He is a dom with his wife for sure, but look at the facts. He doesn't have slaves at home and he didn't enslave his wife. Also he lets his wife do all the talking when they meet Heather. Strangely, Jeff's mother look much more powerful in that house even though she is a submissive.

Molly on the other hand literally is a doormat, and has nothing to offer to his son. May be that is the reason Peter doesn't seem to care what happens to her. The contast between these two mother is very striking.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:25 am 
Lawmaker

Fave character: Tawnie
Yes, Jeff's mother may be an example of what happens when you take someone with a dominant personality and teach them to focus their lives on being submissive to their husband's desire. She organizes the activities of the day but always under her husband's final decision. His wants are always at the front of her mind.

Then again, we might not have seen Jeff's father enough to make a full assessment of him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:34 am 
Harem Owner

From what we know about Paul, he's a manipulative asshole who's trying to blame you, make you feel uneasy or generally mindfuck you whenever he opens his mouth - even if you're his own son. And his slave-wife is a submissive looser with no self esteem he only married because his actual love interest was unavailable. He certainly does have feelings for Carol, but (a) it looks a lot more like an unhealthy obsession than actual love right now and (b) his son didn't know about these feelings while growing up.

I love Paul as a character, but the idea that he somehow taught his son about loving a person - especially a female person - is completely at odds with what we have seen so far, IMHO. If Paul is the reason for Peter being Peter, it's a lot more likely that Peter didn't want to become like his father.

And I don't think Peter has been shown as systematically training Maggie: he assaulted her brutally, because he was the Everse version of a disappointed, jealous and lovesick teenager. And somehow, mostly through luck, it worked out ;)

Jeff's parents, on the other hand, seem to be in love. At least what little we know suggests that: his mother is not enslaved, she's holding an academic title... Jeff is not in love with either of his slaves, which might be a reason his training looks more target oriented - but that doesn't neccessarily mean he's incapable of love or doesn't believe in loving a female. It might just be that he didn't meet 'his' girl yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:35 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry, Melanie
Fave comic: BG8, BG11, Repurposed,Karma
Peter was lucky because of the whole Anna situation and the love letter. Maggie already had feelings for the mystery pen pal and had sexual dreams for him. When the mystery man was revealed as Peter, she was completely in love.

Heather had no such outside help. She had no reason to fall in love with Jeff. He r@ped her in the classroom, humiliated her in front her father, enslaved her and tortured her. You just cannot torture someone until she loves you. I think Jeff is not a good trainer either. He wings it like Peter. Much of Heather's training comes from the books she reads and probably from tutoring by Jeff's mom.