by Ferres

Comic (46 pages)
EUR 19.99

Post subject: Star Wars spoiler!
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:02 am 
The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.
I was watching "The Force Awakens" the other day and it suddenly occurred to me.

Rey has nothing to do with Skywalkers or Solos. She is a descendant of Palpatine (or one of his apprentices'). Just look at her fighting style and compare it to the way Darth Sidious fights in Ep III. Stabby stabby!

Post subject: Re: Star Wars spoiler!
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:13 am 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Maggie
Interesting thought. But I I kind of thought that she fought that way because she was an inexperienced fighter. Personally I think she might be a Kenobi. I also think she was one of Luke's pupils before Kylo Ren killed everyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:47 am 
Harem Owner

Fave character: Wakka
I'm really not at all sure. Maybe Luke had a fling with a girl who was part of the Kenobi clan, which would definitely address her overall looks (and accent).

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:41 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
I love the idea posted by Erenisch but fear that J.J Abrams. patented "I take a sci fi franchise and replay it with a twist" modus operandi won't allow for anything that original.

I find it hard to see that Luke would have a fling with anyone unless they are doing a take on the Mara Jade story. Too iconic now for Lucasfilm to easily ignore and fan pleasing enough to make some sense. She would be a great call for the third stand alone and Karen Gillan said when she shaved her head for Guardians of the Galaxy it was bought by Star Wars so maybe

Sticking with the Force Awakens, I saw it for the fourth time and, even after all those viewings, absolutely nothing that the First Order does in that movie makes any sense at all to me. The First Order appears to be stupidity. And the Second Order is "do everything for the evulz" That however is a debate for a seperate thread/forum

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:51 pm 
The Artist

I have mixed feelings about Ep VII. Knowing JJ Abrams, it could have gone terribly wrong, but he played safe and chose to replicate A New Hope. On the bright side, it is a fun movie that looks nothing like the prequels. On the other hand, it is not original in any way. I think it would be a much better movie if Joss Whedon or the Russo Brothers were in charge.

I also have a few ideas about the First Order, specifically their Janissary-like army. I always thought the direct inspiration for the Jedi Order was the Janissaries. They took talented youngsters from their homes, introduce them to a new religion and train them as warrior/politicians. Now we see the First Order doing the same. Is Snoke co-opting Jedi methods? Was he a Jedi?

I agree with Rufus on the "for the evulz" point. I think the main reason for that feeling is General Hux's not too subtle Nurenberg Rally speech (Godwin!). Snoke on the other hand seems like a very calm and calculating guy. Also the stupidity thing. Why would you fear a single jedi when you can blow up star systems? Stop wasting resourcesn looking for an old hermit and fire already. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:18 pm 
BFA Director

Fave character: ginger and grace
Fave comic: Sit the kennels
They should've just done a story from the expanded universe which I think they're kind of doing but not really. Hate how they non cannoned all of it.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:32 pm 
Transcended

[quote="Erenisch"I agree with Rufus on the "for the evulz" point. I think the main reason for that feeling is General Hux's not too subtle Nurenberg Rally speech (Godwin!). Snoke on the other hand seems like a very calm and calculating guy. Also the stupidity thing. Why would you fear a single jedi when you can blow up star systems? Stop wasting resources looking for an old hermit and fire already. :)[/quote]

Since we are doing this, I don't understand why you spend quadrillions (or whatever enormous amount they have blown on the planet/ star killer base) on a weapon that can only be used twice? If you are going to convert a planet into a weapon install a massive generator system in the core like they did with the Death Stars. Don't drain the system's sun so that your super expensive weapon can no longer be used because it is inoperable by any humanoid race.

Another important question is do they only have one Star Destroyer?
How does that get to the "Not the Cantina" planet from the other side of the galaxy before the Resistance does from a neighbouring system?

As to why you fear one Jedi. is it because Luke is such a badass that he sulks on a rock for years and still is more terrifyng than an irate Liam Neeson?

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 3:58 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Maggie
whoremaster wrote:
They should've just done a story from the expanded universe which I think they're kind of doing but not really. Hate how they non cannoned all of it.

I loved how they said that expanded universe is no longer canon and the use some of its best storylines for the new trilogy. All we need is commander thawn and Mara jade to make an appearance. Actually I'm hoping for Mara jade but only if she is in present tense and not the past tense.

I really enjoyed episode vii. I had fun watching. I just try not analyze the plot too much. I'm hoping episode viii and Ix will clear some things up. I loved Rey and Finn and can't wait to see more of them.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:46 am 
Slave Owner

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: Slave Fair
dougeee wrote:
whoremaster wrote:

I loved how they said that expanded universe is no longer canon and the use some of its best storylines for the new trilogy. All we need is commander thawn and Mara jade to make an appearance. Actually I'm hoping for Mara jade but only if she is in present tense and not the past tense.

Considering that they're making Rogue One which is set during the time of the Original trilogy, we can have it both ways.

However, I doubt that Rey is related to the Skywalkers. Simply because I can't see Luke abandoning her if that were the case.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:00 am 
Harem Owner

Fave character: Melani
Fave comic: Office
Rufus wrote:
Since we are doing this, I don't understand why you spend quadrillions (or whatever enormous amount they have blown on the planet/ star killer base) on a weapon that can only be used twice? If you are going to convert a planet into a weapon install a massive generator system in the core like they did with the Death Stars. Don't drain the system's sun so that your super expensive weapon can no longer be used because it is inoperable by any humanoid race.

Wookiepedia says that the planet is mobile so they can use more suns. I don't know how can a planet be mobile but I guess the novel explains that? :)
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Starkiller_Base

I think it is worth it even if it can be used only twice. you can wipe out your biggest enemy with one blow.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:21 am 
The Artist

Bipedrobot wrote:
I don't know how can a planet be mobile.

The same way Death Star moved I guess.

Magic!

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:39 am 
Prize Show Cunt

Location: On all fours at the men here’s feet, like a good female.
Fave character: Kimberley Muttson
Fave comic: Sluts In Training 1
Erenisch wrote:
Bipedrobot wrote:
I don't know how can a planet be mobile.

The same way Death Star moved I guess.

Magic!

All planets are mobile, given orbits and the like. In fact we are moving at I think over 1000km per minute.
To move a planet you just have to create a gravitational pull that is sufficient to break the gravitation field anchoring it and constant enough to not to tear the planet apart.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:35 am 
Transcended

Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
Puppygirl-Jugs wrote:
All planets are mobile, given orbits and the like. In fact we are moving at I think over 1000km per minute.
To move a planet you just have to create a gravitational pull that is sufficient to break the gravitation field anchoring it and constant enough to not to tear the planet apart.

You just got even more sexier! :D

I think the Death Star had a number of hyperdrives for interstellar travel but it was slower than a small ship.

And to answer Rufus's point about the number of ships First Order has: They may have less ships than the empire had, but theirs are much bigger. Twice as long I believe.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:10 pm 
Slave Owner

Fave comic: Slave Fair
MrGoodPecker wrote:
And to answer Rufus's point about the number of ships First Order has: They may have less ships than the empire had, but theirs are much bigger. Twice as long I believe.

That just comes with time. Newer and better ships getting made. After all, the Venator class ships that were so great during the Clone Wars were mothballed by the time of the Death Star.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:49 am 
Transcended

MrGoodPecker wrote:
[I think the Death Star had a number of hyperdrives for interstellar travel but it was slower than a small ship.

I read that on the TVTropes page for the First Order and am sure that is correct. My overweening point is that the Empire had near infinite financial resources (the combined budget of a galaxy minus a few rebel systems and corporations) they could easily afford Star Destroyers and Death Stars iand still pay for what is necessary. Does not logic suggest that a rump sect of zealots in the Unknown Regions should find better uses for it's more limited financial resources than such white elephants as Starkiller base?

What is interesting about TFA is the absolute dislike between the 3 main bad guys. Kylo Ren has litttle time for the concept of new Storm Troopers embodied (for about 91 seconds by Phasma) and jibes at Hux about it endlessly. Hux thinks Ren is an unstable nut job who should not be allowed anywhere close to command (or machinery when in a bad mood) and is at best Snoke's teacher';s pet and has nothing to do with the real war. Phasma is in it so little it is impossible to say what she thinks but has to be opposed to Kylo Ren for his attitude to the Stormtrooper legions.

Snoke is actually the weird one because at the end of the film he asks them to bring Ren back because he thinks now that they have a small problem, he had better get round to training his "apprentice" that is good work there. At least Palpatine mentored his guys"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:26 am 
Harem Owner

Fave character: Melani
Fave comic: Office
Rogue One is out. Any reviews?