a couple (male and female) 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
an alien life form or a robot from the future 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
I don't care /I like the mystery 21%  21%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 81
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:23 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
We still have no definitive info about the gender of Erenisch. I suggest we do a poll and if he/she lets us know in the future, we can come out and proudly say "Hey I called it back then you sickos".

btw I always assume he is a he, but still use the he/she pronoun in case he is a she.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:42 pm 
BFA Director

Fave character: sherry
MrGoodPecker wrote:
We still have no definitive info about the gender of Erenisch. I suggest we do a poll and if he/she lets us know in the future, we can come out and proudly say "Hey I called it back then you sickos".

btw I always assume he is a he, but still use the he/she pronoun in case he is a she.

alien every time :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:30 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
I am just here for the stories and the discussions.so I neither know nor particularly care, if anything finding suiteble pronouns when referencing E is an interesting challenge.

The old question of do you go for the he/she/ (s)he/ they/ it or simply E? The possibilities are endless.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:40 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Heather
Fave comic: Fam Slave Set & The Bottom
É

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:26 pm 
Lawmaker

Fave character: Maggie
I have been pushing the theory that E is actually a couple, man and woman, who engage in real BDSM role play to some degree. I think its the only way to explain the way E understands emotions that come during a bdsm relationship.

Having said that, I don't really want to know. I like the mystery.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:11 pm 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Melanie Compter
Fave comic: The Bottom
I really don't believe the couple hypothesis. It just doesn't make sense to me, there is too much of a clear singular artistic vision for E's work to be a collaboration. I would love to believe that E was female but there are data points for and against this proposition.

1. Gender listed as female on blogger
2. Nuria not contradicting poster on dofantasy forum who casually referred to E as female but...
3. Sketchbook image showing toon interacting with artist's cock.

I like the mystery anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:12 pm 
Supreme Being

otherguy wrote:
I have been pushing the theory that E is actually a couple, man and woman, who engage in real BDSM role play to some degree. I think its the only way to explain the way E understands emotions that come during a bdsm relationship.

Having said that, I don't really want to know. I like the mystery.

I've agreed with that theory already, and will continue to do so. It makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:14 am 
The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.
triona_b wrote:
2. Nuria not contradicting poster on dofantasy forum who casually referred to E as female but...

I myself like the mystery, and I'll not let you guys know in the foreseeable future. I'm familiar with the ways of disinformation so the hints you notice are not always meaningful (or are they?). I omit a lot about my identity, but I never lie. I just try to manipulate ambiguity to mislead you fellow sickos.

About the items you listed above:
1-I have two blog-ger accounts with the nicks erenisch and erenischcomics. I registered one as male and one as female. One of them just redirects to the other one, I took it so nobody else could take the name.
2- Nuria does not know my gender. She probably assumes that I'm male, but plays along when people try to get it out of her.
3- Even though I'm blessed with an elite female following, I know my readership is mostly male... and you know how POV shots work.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:40 am 
Lawmaker

Fave character: Maggie
triona_b wrote:
I really don't believe the couple hypothesis. It just doesn't make sense to me, there is too much of a clear singular artistic vision for E's work to be a collaboration. I would love to believe that E was female but there are data points for and against this proposition.

My guess is that the male half of E does most of the drawing. The female half contributes at least some of the dialogue. My theory does not require they be equal partners, it could be that one of them only contributes bits of insight, but I really think E is in a D/s relationship.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:58 am 
Agent-slave

Ok, so I suppose we can dismiss all 3 of my data points then! :oops:

As for the couple thing: It just doesn't feel right to me for several reasons. For one, I can't be certain that we're corresponding with a male or female when E posts here but I feel pretty confident we're conversing with a singular person. Secondly, I think the TI interview makes it clear that BDSM is not an important "real life" activity for E. I also feel that a real life Dom/sub couple wouldn't really collaborate in this type of way. Thirdly, like I say above, there is a unique artistic vision that points to a singular person. I wouldn't read too much into the insight E has into how male *and* female characters think requiring there be two people involved. I think E has shown his/her-self to be a pretty perceptive person and surely can empathise with both genders while remaining one individual.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:14 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
I have to agree with triona_b on the idea of it not being a couple who act out BDSM and then set it out. I find that the idea is both unlikely and is actualy flatly contradicted by the following answer to a question posed by Ernest Greene in the Taboo Illustrated interview

erenisch wrote:
ERENISCH: No. Even though I enjoy BDSM art and photography in many forms, I rarely feel the urge to do BDSM with my partners. For me, It’s much sexier imaginary form.

Bearing in mind E's comment above that whlst the answers may manipulate the facts there are no lies I think this discounts that theory.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:27 am 
Transcended

Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
two things.

Maybe there should be another option: Multiple personality disorder. :)

And I just realized that he/she uses the word "partners" in the answer. Not a hint even there, dammit. And what does that mean "partners", plural? Can we take that as a hint that you are not in a committed relationship, E?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 am 
BFA Director

Fave comic: La Société
Rufus wrote:
I have to agree with triona_b on the idea of it not being a couple who act out BDSM and then set it out. I find that the idea is both unlikely and is actualy flatly contradicted by the following answer to a question posed by Ernest Greene in the Taboo Illustrated interview

erenisch wrote:
ERENISCH: No. Even though I enjoy BDSM art and photography in many forms, I rarely feel the urge to do BDSM with my partners. For me, It’s much sexier imaginary form.

Bearing in mind E's comment above that whlst the answers may manipulate the facts there are no lies I think this discounts that theory.

he or she may be the erenish but the partner may help a lot so don't answer question this way. So still a couple can be

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:28 pm 
BFA Director

Fave character: sherry
Erenisch wrote:
triona_b wrote:

I myself like the mystery, and I'll not let you guys know in the foreseeable future. I'm familiar with the ways of disinformation so the hints you notice are not always meaningful (or are they?). I omit a lot about my identity, but I never lie. I just try to manipulate ambiguity to mislead you fellow sickos.

About the items you listed above:
1-I have two blog-ger accounts with the nicks erenisch and erenischcomics. I registered one as male and one as female. One of them just redirects to the other one, I took it so nobody else could take the name.
2- Nuria does not know my gender. She probably assumes that I'm male, but plays along when people try to get it out of her.
3- Even though I'm blessed with an elite female following, I know my readership is mostly male... and you know how POV shots work.

are you saying you voted alien as well? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:54 am 
Slutty Saint

Fave character: Sherry & Melanie
I always believed she was a chick and Im not convinced that I was wrong so far. I also can accept the couple hipothesis because there is a female part in that.

If E is a guy I will not be disapointed but it is much cooler if she is a chick. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:07 am 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry
Nina and I write, produce, direct and perform as a couple, so that theory isn't essentially unworkable as a reality.

However, in this instance I don't buy it. As others have said, too much a singular POV to the work itself. Collaborations are rarely so tightly focused.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:36 am 
Lawmaker

Fave character: Tawnie
Dr. White wrote:
É

Yeah, it's kind of like how gay rights activists and feminists create new pronouns in order to allow for genders beyond the binary two or allow for people who don't want to known by their gender. Erenisch seems to fit in this second group, so a new pronoun of `E seems to work. We'll have to invent one for the object/subject (he/him, she/her) difference, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:48 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Heather
Fave comic: Fam Slave Set & The Bottom
As we are all fantasizing about a male dominated society I choose to refer to E as him.

(if I am wrong and E is a chick... well refering back to the male domination point; who cares?) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:20 pm 
Lawmaker

Fave character: Tawnie
I think there is a difference between how dominants write about dominating girls and how submissives write about girls being dominated, but the line between the two is often hard to discern. Gatolica, for example, often writes in a way that sounds like a dominant even though I think she is a submissive (or is she a switch?) In any case, this method isn't very reliable.

The traditional reason why I thought Erenisch was male was because E drew the females to be very light colored and to stand out while E drew the males to be darker in color and not to stand out as much. I mean, I know that submissives like to emphasize their submission, but I would think that the sexual focus would be on the dominant so that any submissive making a comic would be sure to make the dominants more visible than the submissives. I guess you can argue exactly how much known female artists on dofantasy have done this, but it was just a thought of mine.

That being said, I did find some interesting quotes in the interview that TI did with E. For example, E was quoted as saying, in reference to human society, that "The tradition has always been one of male superiority-female inferiority since the eventful transition from matriarchy to patriarchy." I find this quote to be VERY interesting since it seems to refer to a belief that was found among some feminists about 30 years ago that in stone age society, women were dominant and that only in more modern periods did men take control. However, there is no evidence of this in the archeological record and most archeologists would say that while there were a few societies in the past where women had some household or political power, there has never been any proof of a human society ever where women were unequivocally dominant. (I know E will eventually read this. Sorry to attack your theory, but I think I am accurately representing current archeological thought. Wikipedia agrees with me anyway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matriarchy ) In the same article, E describes how in the comic "women are objectified" and "females are reduced to objects", phrases commonly connected to the feminist movement. While this doesn't prove anything, it does give an interesting suggestion as to gender.

However, in the same article, when referring to the women in the comics, E said "I like 'em young" something I really can't imagine a female submissive saying. A female submissive might comment on the male dominants in the comics liking the slave girls to be young, but why would a female submissive care herself if the slave girls were young? (unless she was a bisexual switch. Damn you humans and your diversity of sexuality! haha)

I'm still going to lean toward E being male, but I admit that E has made it very difficult to find an objective way to pin down E's gender.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:47 pm 
Slutty Saint

Fave character: Sherry & Melanie
Bitch Beater wrote:
Gatolica, for example, often writes in a way that sounds like a dominant even though I think she is a submissive (or is she a switch?) In any case, this method isn't very reliable.

Im a switch as I mentioned before (probably at the old forum). I have tried both only twice-ish and I enjoyed the thing as a game and a fantasy. I really dont know if I want to do the sub thing for a time longer than a couple hours. There are obviusly more commimitted members to the lifestyle in this forum. I can do dom longer and I guess but I mostly enjoy bondage etc rather than real punishment.

Yours is a very interesting look into the matter. I didnt look at the matriarchy quote that way before but very interesting. That only supports my belief that E is female. And I think E is obviously a feminist with better female characters and simple male characters. whether she/he is a male or female -still a feminist. I dont know what to think about the I like them young quote. This sounds like male at first but I can imagine a female saying that too. Well I can say that too. Because I do like them young. :)