by Slasher

Comic (25 pages)
EUR 12.95

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:02 pm 
Evil Genius

Fave character: Maggie & Melanie
Fave comic: the next one
gatolica wrote:
You can also give us trivias and commentaries like a DVD extra disk.

That idea ain't half bad. You [E] could select a favorite picture/panel and describe what inspired you to draw that and what you wanted to illustrate. Would make a most interesting reading.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:22 pm 
Slutty Saint

Fave character: Sherry & Melanie
Fave comic: The Bottom
interviews, background stories, trivia. all good ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
I don't want to open a can a worms again, but fernando just announced yesterday in dofantasy forum that he will do a shorter format comic next . wonder where did he get the idea from? :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:52 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Maggie
MrGoodPecker wrote:
I don't want to open a can a worms again, but fernando just announced yesterday in dofantasy forum that he will do a shorter format comic next . wonder where did he get the idea from? :)

Oh boy not this again :roll:

If one accuses Fernando of that than someone could accuse Erenisch of the same thing when it comes to Sherry's wedding photos in BG9. Fernando has the same setup in Twins 3 or 4 can't remember which, but the comic came out before BG9. The only difference was that in Fernando's comic it was a dvd and in enough time for erenisch to add that scene. Do I think erenisch did that? NO, but one could suggest it.

I happen to like both artist, though I like Erenisch a lot more than Fernando. And, in my humble opinion, these two are the best that dofantasy comics has to offer.

I will agree though it seems a little fishy on the timing of the announcement. If one was doing a history of dofanatsy comics they could call this the erenisch fernando war era or something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:21 pm 
The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.
I can assure you that there is no "war" between me and Fernando. Evidence suggests that we are eerily in synch sometimes, but there is no conspiracy or corporate espionage. Just enjoy the comics.

(This is also a great opportunity. Now we can test the feasibility of the short format when Fernando releases one. ;) .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:19 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Heather
Fave comic: Fam Slave Set & The Bottom
I'd rather the 'test' case be your work, because I don't buy Fernando books.

(I can only afford one artist and you win every time.) :)

OBEY MALE AUTHORITY!
Everything is about Sex except Sex. Sex is about Power! - Oscar Wilde

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:31 am 
Supreme Being

Dr. White wrote:
I'd rather the 'test' case be your work, because I don't buy Fernando books.

(I can only afford one artist and you win every time.) :)

i only can afford to buy one at a time.... that is why i didn't buy fernando's new comic because i knew that erenisch was coming out with one soon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:13 pm 
Evil Genius

@ €20..????

You two need to reduce your harems. Slave tax is costing you way too much if you can't shell out 40 EUR in one month for this kind of high calibre artwork!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:58 am 
Lawmaker

Fave character: Anna
Fave comic: Karma (obvious)
I'm intrigued by both ideas: short-comics and a standard length with 3-4 short stories, although I probably prefer the second.

If I can give you a suggestion: you can do both of them, publish short comics and every 8-10 month republish 3 or 4 of them in a collection so everyone can choose what prefer and you don't lose potential buyers.

Anyway I find the whole E/F war thing a little ridiculous: the short-comic idea is normal in the app-store micro-trading era ( I was expectin to see it earlier on fansadox site)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:09 pm 
Trainer

I have no problem with the shorter format comic provided this is also reflected in the price. It's the next best thing to having your own website, and we fans can get our 'fix' of your art every month. you can also get through your tentative project list in a shorter time, alternating stories if necessary.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:31 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
A couple of things have just occured to me about all this.

1) This is the serious bit. The long promsed and currently topping the E to do list comc about "something to do with dumps and the tax system" would be an ideal choice for this idea.

2) This one is nowhere close to being serious The idea put forward earlier about revisiting Lea Merrie reminds me of a gag in the original Blackadder series I just imagine that you have a scene with a broken and fully trained Lea finally getiing into "contact" with the station
Channel 12 Director Lea it has been 6 months now, do you wish us to come and get you?
Fuckfilly Lea whinnies like a good pony
Channel 12 "I think that was a neigh. Okay we'll leave you a bit longer then. I can't believe how much great stuff you must be collecting there. Remarkable commitment keep it up girl.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 am 
Transcended

Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
Rufus wrote:
Channel 12 Director Lea it has been 6 months now, do you wish us to come and get you?
Fuckfilly Lea whinnies like a good pony
Channel 12 "I think that was a neigh. Okay we'll leave you a bit longer then. I can't believe how much great stuff you must be collecting there. Remarkable commitment keep it up girl.

:lol: I think there was a neigh joke in the comic already.o.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:09 am 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry, Melanie
Fave comic: BG8, BG11, Repurposed,Karma
I think you made the right call for waiting for Fernando do it as a test. It is definitely a failure for me. I just bought the last Fernando comic Twins 5 because it was very cheap. I have been buying only erenisch for a while and I thought it can be a good opportunity to rediscover fernando. What a rip off that was. It is cheap because it has no content. The art is good I guess. One expects that from Fernando, but the cover is awful. I guess fernando wanted to make a full size comic but somewhere in the middle he just gave up. The comic ends after a single long scene.

Some guy at the dof forum is more disappointed than me as he says
Quote:
is this the end of fernando?
which I think too hard on him. The art is still good for a lot of people and I'm sure the comic will sell very good with that low price.

So my vote is: Full size comics are the best. The longer the better for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:11 pm 
Evil Genius

Bangerman wrote:
...Fernando comic Twins 5 ... What a rip off that was. It is cheap because it has no content. .. I guess fernando wanted to make a full size comic but somewhere in the middle he just gave up...

Some guy at the dof forum is more disappointed than me as he says
Quote:
is this the end of fernando?
which I think too hard on him.

Well, it's a bit more to it. Fernando suddenly went silent on his own forum about two months ago. He was never a diligent poster, as E is on this forum, but it was his own forum and he was present and discussed with fans semi regularly. He usually posted 2-3 previews of an upcoming comic (to build up interest and keep the fans happy I guess). He was working on Twins5 and had posted a first preview and encouraged fans to come up with ideas and requests that he said could/would influence the plot.
Then he just stopped posting. Silent. No notice given or anything. There's no info given by Dof either.
Not a sign of life, until Dof unexpectedly released Twins 5. Half a comic.
And still not a sound from Fernando.

It sure makes you wondering...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:44 am 
BFA Director

Fave comic: La Société
I agree I almost buy the fernando comic because it is low price but because the cover was so bad I decided not to. I don't follow fernando forum but if he is not there is it possible that he left the practice and dofantasy released the part they have of a longer comic?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:45 am 
Supreme Being

I hope when E retires that he/she gives us a heads up. Like hey this might be the last comic. Instead of leaving us wondering if he/she is ever going to make another comic. But yes longer comics are good. Though I think E is a better writer and probably could pull off a shorter comic. I just don't want E to try it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:39 pm 
Transcended

Fave comic: The Kennels
I actually like the idea of a shorter comic, but it's only for a story that would be of a suitable length
Also, I like the idea of not paying as much for a comic (Money gets tight)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:49 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
celestical wrote:
I actually like the idea of a shorter comic, but it's only for a story that would be of a suitable length
Also, I like the idea of not paying as much for a comic (Money gets tight)

My only concern about this is that the story is approximately half the size of the normal Fernando comic (23 compared to 48-50 pages) yet they still charged 71% of the normal price for it. I like Fernando but I don't like those figures.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:10 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry
Okay, now I can talk about this a little bit. First of all, as a rule, I prefer longer comics because they give the story room to breathe and, of course, offer the reader more hot images. I don't mind paying a bit more for them.

Shorter comics can certainly work. I liked Fernando's Uncut, which had a sort of improvisational feeling to it that was fun to see in action but wouldn't have sustained a longer comic with its back-and-forth narrative structure, though I do hope he brings back the Ryback character who I thought was a great invention born of a very clever concept.

As for Fernando himself, he's very much around and still working. Thanks to T.I. I get a little advance warning on things but don't like to pass along anything ahead of either the artist or DoF. He had a busy Christmas season with a lot of travel slowed up production a bit.

The comic itself is a change of pace but still quite hot. Like all good artists, he continues to try new approaches. Looking back over E.'s work you'll see the evolution from one style to another and one kind of story to another. The Bottom is about as far from The Society as two comics could be in terms of content, but they clearly partake of the same perspective. Art is process and good artists will always experiment with it. This is to be encouraged to insure the sense of discovery when we see their newer work.

We don't want to be the old, loud guy at the concert yelling "Jumpin' Jack Flash" at every Stones concert. They still do that one but thankfully continue to create new material instead of just recycling your record collection.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:16 pm 
Agent-slave

Fave character: Frankie
Fave comic: The Office
I actually have a theory about why Fernando delivers short comics whenever he has to do Confiscated Twins. In my opinion Fernando is just unable to handle complex stories. Twins was not "his story" as we all know and he just realized that he is over his head with this storyline. He keeps doing new episodes because it sells, not because he likes it. So he delivers long sex scenes instead of stories.

If E decides to tell shorter stories of course I will buy, but I prefer longer ones for all the reasons you guys listed above. My suggestion is that if E makes short stories, they should be Slave Fair style universe builders instead of character builders. If it is a Birthday Gift episode I definitely want to see a full comic. Thee are simply too many characters that I care about in that storyline. For example BG10 was a perfect comic, but I still felt that there should be more Gwen and more Tawnie. I wanted to see more school scenes and more Maggie-Sherry interaction. Short comics would make it more difficult for E to cover all the major characters.