short 1 comic 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
medium 2 to 5 comics 36%  36%  [ 10 ]
long 6 and up 61%  61%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: How long do you like it?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:50 am 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Maggie
How long do you like your bdsm stories to be? Do you prefer them to only last 1 comic or cover many comics?

I like stories that are only 1 comic because there is an ending. I like stories that end. I don't really like stories that cover many comics because they never end and dofantasy seems to have a lot of comics that have no ending. A lot of them seem to be that a writer/artist intended for the story to only last one comic but because it was popular they continued the story and then added another chapter to it without developing an ending then stop the story when you've read three comics and the last one said to be continue... and it never continues because the writer/artist did not, either know how to continue the story or suddenly got bored with it. So you spent all this time and energy in a story that has no ending.

I might not mind a long story if I knew in advance that the writer/artist had actually taken time to developed the story fully and knew how the story was going to end; instead of just adding more comics to milk the cow. Needless to say my two favorite stories are Birthday Gift and Fernanado's Cheerleaders. I got sucked into those and before I knew more and more chapters followed and I'm addicted to the stories and can't get enough. At least I know that BG has an ending, unfortunately the other may continue until the end of time. I will have to say that Cheer9 is very very good, I wished it was horrible so I'd stop buying the series.

I guess to end this long rant if I knew the creator of the story had it planned out I'd prefer a series to go about 4 maybe 5 comics.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:28 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Heather
Fave comic: Fam Slave Set & The Bottom
Sure, a well made concise story is good. I do like continuing stories though, but even then there should be discreet story arc's so the problem you are describing is less likely. I think BG is fine in that we know there is an ending but the expansion is just more awesome filling our world.

I am also very happy that the characters will be continuing and branching out further even after BG ends. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:24 am 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Melanie Compter
Fave comic: The Bottom
You forgot the 4th option:

Anything that Erenisch writes!

:o :shock: :lol: :P :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:31 am 
Agent-slave

I imagine it's probably quite hard to fit a complete story into a standard 40 to 50 page comic.

My best guess is that many of the open-ended comics are so not because the writer keeps adding bits and pieces on to milk the cow but rather that their original story didn't fit into the standard comic length and they had more story to tell. I like the continuous series myself.

Of course there are some other comics that end abruptly and there's a feeling that this had more to do with a page count being reached than any natural conclusion or break in the story.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:22 pm 
Transcended

Fave character: Bouncie
Fave comic: SlaveCop 2 The Breed
triona_b wrote:
I imagine it's probably quite hard to fit a complete story into a standard 40 to 50 page comic.

My best guess is that many of the open-ended comics are so not because the writer keeps adding bits and pieces on to milk the cow but rather that their original story didn't fit into the standard comic length and they had more story to tell. I like the continuous series myself.

Of course there are some other comics that end abruptly and there's a feeling that this had more to do with a page count being reached than any natural conclusion or break in the story.

There is nothing worse than the dreaded "To be continued. . ." comics that never are.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:08 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry, Melanie
Fave comic: BG8, BG11, Repurposed,Karma
Depends on the story. I agree with the above poster, I read whatever E makes no matter how many episodes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:38 am 
Trainer

Fave comic: BG
I mainly follow E, so I don't know much about other commics in this region.

But what I like is the World building, so you have the World and create several different stories in it (and E's World is fantastic 8-) ).

Like the Pratchet's "Disk World".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:30 pm 
Evil Genius

Fave character: Maggie & Melanie
Fave comic: the next one
As long as there's a story to tell it can go on forever for me :D

A one installment story is ok if there's no more to tell, like the clinic, but I do prefer a longer narrative. I believe Erenisch has made a wise choice with all the cameos in the "one offs". This enables him to close the story arc of a shorter story and still grow the world and develop characters for the die hard fans.

Maybe the school days are coming to a close for many of the BG characters, but Maggie's & Peter's journey has barely begun. If E is willing and able, there is still many comics to be made with those two as the main cast.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:50 pm 
Agent-slave

Also. I think we can all agree that with "one off"s like Karma and The Bottom we want to read more. I certainly hope we haven't seen the last of Melanie...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:47 am 
Transcended

Fave character: Melanie
Fave comic: BG10/BG8/SC2/Bottom
Once again I will shamelessly plug my own character appearance list here. You see that the most popular characters appear in 14 comics, and none of us are bored with them yet. So the answer is obviously ""as long as E keeps drawing them"

(at least for me)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:01 pm 
Supreme Being

MrGoodPecker wrote:
Once again I will shamelessly plug my own character appearance list here. You see that the most popular characters appear in 14 comics, and none of us are bored with them yet. So the answer is obviously ""as long as E keeps drawing them"

(at least for me)

E's comics are like one long story. They are all tied together. Its like a novel with many chapters. Each comic is a chapter and each chapter builds to the story.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:34 pm 
The Artist

Fave character: Sherry & Maggie
Fave comic: The last one.
You know me. I like lengthy, convoluted story arcs, but I realize that it makes recruiting new readers more difficult. People can be scared away if they think a story lasts tens of episodes. It sounds overwhelming. So I try to make the stories individually self-contained even though they are connected in some small way to the overall arc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:57 am 
Newcomer

Fave character: Lidia Cumgulper
Hi everyone...my first post :D

For me a nice medium length story would be perfect. You need 1-2 chapters to build up, but I do not like long drawn out stories. A nice 3-5 chapter masterpiece is fine by me :D

:anna: :carol: :cathy: :cherry: :chrissy:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:26 pm 
Supreme Being

Fave character: Sherry
Couldn't really vote on this one. It depends entirely on the story. Some are best wrapped up in an episode or two while others have epic staying power.

To paraphrase an old saying of unknown origins: "A story should be like a lady's skirt: long enough to cover the essentials but short enough to keep it interesting."

The continuing saga of the Stevensons could go on for several more chapters without losing momentum. Likewise, Slavecop episodes could be good for a long run.

A Slave Fair once in a while is fine but with no through-line the franchise is probably best served by occasional renewals.